There are many types of honey nature has provided and they are quite beneficial for your health but Ayurveda focuses on one in particular called neem honey”.
Neem honey is revered in Ayurveda for it’s medicinal properties and healing value.
These are three essential benefits:
- Neem honey is anti- inflammatory. Especially around the holidays/ and entering the winter season, neem honey is a good preventative self care item for your daily routine both to enhance your immune system, improve digestion and reduce stress. It can be used to treat throat infections and even limit allergies.
- In Ayurveda it used for hypertension or high blood pressure to help regulate the blood. Neem is also used to treat diabetes.
- In Ayurveda it is used for skin problems both taken internally and directly used on the skin.
Here are a few suggested ways to incorporate neem honey into your day.
- Take one tsp first thing in morning then follow with hot water.
- It can also be taken with tea.
- Neem honey can be applied to the face as a mask to improve fine lines and wrinkles.
- It can be eaten right out of the jar.
It is best to purchase neem honey raw and unfiltered ( non GMO as well) with companies like ” heavenly organics” found at Whole Foods.
Thank you for participating in my weekly blog.
My in home visits are going well and would love to see you soon.
Wishing you a love filled holiday with those around you.